Rubber Seals create an easy-to-close seal against dust, noise, and vibration. To prepare, cut to length with scissors or knife. Prior to installation, ensure bonding surface is properly cleaned with a 50/50 mix of denatured alcohol and water solution. The D-Shaped Rubber Seals are available with two adhesive application options: high-strength foam acrylic adhesive (BT) and general-purpose pressure sensitive adhesive (HT). The (BT) adhesive creates an airtight seal between the rubber and substrate and has low initial tack for easy repositioning. The (BT) high strength tape system creates the ultimate bond between the rubber and substrate, has the highest peel and shear resistance, and can be used under high loads of stress and force. Also, it has low initial tack for easy repositioning during installation and requires 72 hours of cure time for full bond strength. The general-purpose pressure sensitive adhesive (HT) is ideal for light-duty applications and is best used to hold the rubber seal in place while installed in a static application or compressed between two stationary objects. (HT) may be used in some light duty dynamic applications against a variety of substrates.
Features & Highlights
- DURABLE EPDM FOAM RUBBER drowns out noise, eliminates vibration, and protects your vehicle, boat, or home from outside elements.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT rubber D-seals provide excellent resistance to water absorption, ozone, sunlight aging, low temperature and compression set.
- EASY TO INSTALL adhesive-backed rubber seals made with two adhesive options: BT (3M) tape is a high-strength automotive-grade tape, while HT tape is a general-purpose pressure sensitive adhesive.
- WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS on marine, automobile, and home cases - providing door, window, and hatch seals for cars, trucks, RVs, trailers, boats, and more!
- VARIETY OF DIMENSIONS AND SIZES available to fit your application need - allowing for the right size D-shaped seal to be applied to the job.
|Package Weight:||11.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||21.4 x 13.4 x 13.4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Trim-lok, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Trim-Lok is a leading manufacturer of high quality EPDM rubber gaskets, gasket seals, and custom EPDM products. Ideal for sealing environments that aren’t exposed to oils, gasoline, kerosene, or concentrated acids, EPDM rubber provides excellent re...
Trim-Lok Drip Rail is the best solution to control water runoff from your vehicle, RV or boat. As a flexible plastic peel ‘n stick rain gutter that takes minutes to install, our drip rail eliminates the time and challenge it takes to install alumin...